Suggestions for upcoming trip..

Discuss Fall Foliage in Vermont, when to come, where to stay, where to take a tour etc. Note: You must be registered in order to post. If you have trouble registering, use the contact us form on Scenes of Vermont's home page.

Moderators: Andy, pwt54, admin, ctyanky

TexasTerry

Suggestions for upcoming trip..

Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:31 pm

Glad I found your website - it seems to have a ton of great info. We are planning our first trip to the New England area, and would love some tips for what not to miss. Really love the foliage , waterfalls, and small town charm that the area seems to have. Coming into Manchester on 10/6 then going to Franconia,NH for 2 days , then coming to White River Junction,VT for 2 days. Franconia Notch park seems to be pretty cool. Hopefully we wont miss the great color - looks like it should be great while we're there. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I love to take photos... and am so looking forward to this trip.. leaving early on the 10th...

pwt54

Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:55 am

You will want to do Crawford Notch on route 302, route 112 is a nice ride, but foliage might be fading. The Country Store and covered bridge in Bath, NH on route 302. Route 117 through Sugar Hill. The way foliage season is going the Woodstock, Vt area may be the best area right now. The lowland areas west of route US 7 and south of Rutland should be coming on. I like routes 30, 133, and 140 in this area.